Cream of Sunchoke Soup
Prep. Time: approx. 20 minutes. Cook time: approx. 30 minutes. Serves 4.
This soup is wonderfully rich and creamy. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 onions. Minced
- 1 lb Jerusalem artichokes, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 cups chicken/veggie broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in large pan over medium heat until foamy. Add onions, artichokes, and potatoes and cook, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Stir in brandy & flour, and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in about 2 cups of stock, stirring continuously, until soup boils and thickens. Let simmer five minutes. Transfer to food processor and puree until smooth, adding more stock if needed.
- Return to pan, add cream and season well with salt & pepper, and then reheat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, to serve.